9.05.2009

I'm hitting the roads...with an adult at least 21 years of age, of course

I recently turned 15. Not a very exciting number, except for the fact that with it comes the opportunity to drive! I really do love driving. I don't know why...I think it's just a girl thing. I guess that's the reason most girls get their permits the DAY they turn 15 and guys get it when they get around to it.

And I know you won't believe this, but I AM a good driver. So far, I've only driven a few times. Darrin took Luke and I out driving last week. I drove from my house all the way to New Albany. No one died. And I only had a couple "rolling stops" at stop signs. Mom was quite worried and offered Darrin her insurance card. She wouldn't let me go on the highway, so we took the long back road route.

Mom said she wouldn't drive with me because she remembers when Joseph first got his license...and it wasn't pretty. But the other day I had the opportunity of driving home after we dropped some kids off. It wasn't far at all. Afterwards, when asked what I did wrong, Mom couldn't think of anything (much to her shock and dismay). You'd think she'd be happy to discover I'm capable of driving well, wouldn't you? Guess not.

Even today I drove to New Albany. Once again, no one died. And once again, Mom wouldn't let me drive on the highway. I'm gonna have to do it someday, why not today?

6 comments:

  1. Thou leadest a double life (didn't know you had a blog).
    Thou writest well.
    Me likey.
    And cool layout.
    What, did Joseph wreck or something way back when?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got it.

    He didn't wreck, he's just known for his...not-so-good driving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually my best friend was scared to drive and put off getting her permit for three years, whereas her brother only waited a year. So maybe it's not a universal girl thing.
    P.S. What is the book called "If" that you list under your favorites?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, he did wreck, more than once, but I will spare you the gory details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If is wonderful book by Amy Carmichael. You should read it. :)

    And, thanks Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I have it! That's why I asked; I wondered if the "If" you mentioned was the same book - I thought it was pretty rare. I found it in an old box of books from who-knows-where years ago, and it has been kept by my bedside, occasionally furnishing me with needed conviction, ever since. :)

    ReplyDelete

Just do it. It will make my day.