10.31.2009

If you can read this, thank a teacher


My week at a glance:
Thursday consisted of loads of homework, errands to Barnes & Noble and Sam's, and a trip with some friends to Birmingham, Alabama to see Chris Thile perform in concert. It (meaning the concert - not homework or errands, of course) was amazing and he was amazing. He plays the mandolin - I know what you thinking; "The mandolin??? Really?" but he makes the mandolin cool, trust me - and he has an amazing voice. Listen to him here.


On Friday, Excelsior was actually kinda fun - we got to paint in art, our lunch wasn't cold, and literature was...interesting, to say the least. Then, after school I got to see friends that I don't usually get to spend much time with. And I started Eudora Welty's short stories. I haven't even finished the story I started and I think I'm already a fan of Eudora. :)


Luke and Eleanor - they're enthralled with Dr. G, I promise

This is what happens when Hugh Morris participates in class discussion. Um, yeah...it was fascinating. And educational.


:)

On Saturday, I had a wonderful time with my wonderful friend, Colleen. Then we headed over to the annual McCoy cookout, where we ate, attempted to play frisbee in the mud pits while it was dark...and cold- very, very cold (My toes are still thawing out.) - sat by the fire, enjoyed all the great things about Fall, and played "kemps" with the over-enthusiastic-card-player-Hugh and friends.



The McCoy/Strevel field.
I can't take credit for this picture - it's Jennifer's. Thanks Jennifer!


6 comments:

  1. courtney, you are so cute. :) this is an adorable blog. don't worry that i'm a creeper and found my way here from your facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...also, don't worry that the account this is posted from has no entries. i decided to start blogging again a few days ago...you see how far i got. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...also, this is mary ann. big fail on the comment front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, you're not a creeper, don't worry. welcome to the world of blogging - glad you got one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Court. I also copy your pics sometimes. :P I think the title goes awesomely with the school references. Wish I could have been there for Hugh's discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Olivia, not Roan)
    LOL I just saw the pic. of our dog you took!! I love it!! And I read about the dread and torture of an xc race. You SAID it!! Yet we do it again...and again...why? I've yet to figure out...anyway, I'm glad you DO choose to run. You are a very entertaining writer!

    ReplyDelete

Just do it. It will make my day.