12.17.2009

Sufjan Stevens and a victory dance


So Gileskirk ate my life. And then it gave it back to me! Please excuse my exuberance... Oh yes!!!!! The awful-and-ridiculously-abominable-Gileskirk exam is over, and I have successfully passed through the treacherous gauntlet, so to speak. No more school...until January!

After we finished the test, we did what all classically educated homeschoolers would do. Played Nintendo 64. And to top it all off we played Apples to Apples. After Aaron (yeah, the cheat - didn't take the test and still got to have fun) dominated us all in Apples to Apples, we headed over to Malco and saw The Blind Side. (Michael is such a sweetie. And Sandra Bullock actually did a really good job with her role.) And, it was ugly sweater day! But apparently only Luke and I are cool enough to participate in such awesome yuletide celebrations. His sweater was really, really...ugly. Uglier than mine. Yep, he beat me. I tried, but it just wasn't ugly enough! Oh well. Don't worry though, it was still quite grotesque. Trust me.

P.S. Isn't Sufjan Stevens amazing?

3 comments:

  1. Too bad i wasn't there to enter into the ugly sweater fun. Oh, except that I don't even own an ugly sweater, because I'm not weird like that.

    Not to say anything against you and Lukeio.

    Doesn't it feel tremendously relieving and freeing to be done?

    Here - I'll answer for you...
    YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few items:

    A) Wow! What fun memories! The celebration and relief of the final exam makes it totally worth it. I myself have fond memories of test prep and test-taking at the moellers, as well as randomly jumping into the pool in our clothes, going to see Lord of the Rings, and other such festivities. Fun!

    B) Sufjan Stevens' Christmas album is the best. I just got back from delivering it to our friend / worship minister as a Christmas gift, literally, like 3 minutes ago.

    Congratulations on being done! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the record, the sweater was not mine. Bought it from the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete

Just do it. It will make my day.