1.31.2010

 
{Again with the play button, sorry. It's the best I could do. Use your imagination. Pretend it's not there.}
I just saw the newest Emma, the Masterpiece Theatre version, and I must say, that was the best version I've ever seen. (I cheated and watched the last episode on youtube.) I loved all the characters and they stayed very close to the book. It was great!

P.S. Emma's my favorite Jane Austen. Maybe that shocks some of you, I don't know. I even prefer Mr. Knightley over Mr. Darcy. Just saying...

6 comments:

  1. I'm *totally* with you there. Mr. Knightley is just better. I'm sorry, but those are the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite Jane Austin is Mary Anne in Sense & Sensibility!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, glad to hear you've seen the light. Mr. Knightley is superior in every way to Mr. Darcy. Period. ;)

    I can't get YouTube to work well at the moment, but what I could see of the first two minutes was awesome. I'm still a little unsure of the casting of Mr. Knightley. Seems like Hugh Jackman would have been a more likely choice...but anyway, at least he's ten years older than Emma (though he's supposed to be *17* years her senior). :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugh Jackman? Oh yeah, nothing more romantic than Wolverine.
    Btw, I finally watched Return to Cranford and it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that actor; he plays Edmund in the Hollywood version of Mansfield Park. (Not Hugh Jackman, of course, the dude in Emma.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever since I read Emma, I've preferred Mr. Knightley, Jenny. :)

    Jacob, glad to hear that!

    Katie, are you referring to the actor who plays Mr. Elton in Emma? Cause if so, you won't like him in this. (At least, I hope not...) I did love him in Mansfield Park, though.

    ReplyDelete

Just do it. It will make my day.