5.10.2010

Almost free at last, free at last

I can't believe my own ears. One more week of school; 11 more hours of inhaling paint thinner and spoiling my clothes, skin, and hair (luckily, acrylics do wash out) with paint, and one more week of testing - and by that I mean, THE test: the ominous, scary, ridiculously and unnecessarily gargantuan Gileskirk final exam. I can make it out alive. I will make it out alive.

Summer is feeling nearer and nearer, almost tangible. It would be exactly four days until I can rejoice and revel in all its Summery glory. But because of the ominous gargantuan Gileskirk final exam, it's exactly 8 days (this weekend included) until I can feel the freedom which only Summer affords. Summer is just around the corner; so close I can almost reach out and touch it. Almost.

I should say that the Gileskirk final isn't all bad. (Maybe some of you will positively disagree - I happen to know a couple of you won't be taking it and are just crying yourself to sleep at night to be deprived of such a delightful privilege.) Things about it are endurable and almost enjoyable. Like, studying for instance. I can endure it with a tasty snack, while Pride and Prejudice or Phantom of the Opera play quietly in the background. Plus, I'll have my dearest companion for company - Horatio, my study guide (why, yes personifying my study guide makes this whole studying thing less of a drab and more of a... less drabby thing. How's that for quick wit?) Then, exam day. Once you get through the butterflies in the stomach and the slight queasiness, you're good to go. You're handed a Snickers' bar, a soda, and a pencil. You have a break, eat good food and discuss what movie you'll see, or where you'll eat afterward with the others. Then when it's (the test, that is) all filled out, checked over once, twice, maybe a third time... FREEDOM! You're finished. Relief floods over you like a river.

Darn. Now I'm freedom-sick. So ready to be finished.

P.S. Just between us, no Facebook = 10x more efficient. But let's not let that get out.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! How exciting.
    Point of information: You don't need to use paint thinner with acrylics. They're water based, so thin them with water :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know. But I need the paint thinner to thin out the paint (novel idea, no?) and to mix. Otherwise it would be pretty difficult to copy an oil painting. It's just for looks, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 19, 2010

    Oh, yes. Facebook really does take a lot of anybody's time.

    the H

    ReplyDelete

Just do it. It will make my day.