9.25.2010

It's fun. . .when you're done.

So, this morning I woke up at the crack of dawn and prepared for half an hour of torture. In other words, I went to race at the Tallahatchie 5k this morning.
The hills were mountainous, my breath was short, my lungs achy, my feet sore, my calves burning. . .you get the picture. It wasn't pretty. My thoughts throughout? 'Another hill?' 'Why do I do this again?' 'This is a sick sport. I can't imagine anyone enjoying this, except maybe the mentally deranged?'

But end it finally did. I did experience some feeling of accomplishment. It feels good. When it's over. Now I can think I did that. I conquered those hills.  Cheesy, yes. But comforting. (But of course, for the sake of avoiding public humiliation, my time will not be posted.) I trained for a week. So you have to understand that I wasn't expecting much. I'm okay with my time, it just was by no means impressive. I didn't place, let's put it that way. I didn't place but I got to see Jonathan awarded 3rd and Katie 1st in their age groups!! In honor of their super speed, they received shiny, white tiles. (Seriously, who was in charge of awards this year??) Exciting stuff, nonetheless.

After the race, we stayed for the festival, went to the coffee shop, and I did a little shopping with Bessies #1 and #2 in downtown New Albany. All in all, a fun day.

5 comments:

  1. GO COURTNEY!! Yeah well,I must be mentally deranged. "Cause I love cross country.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. "went to the coffee shop, and I did a little shopping with Bessies #1 and #2 in downtown New Albany." best part of this post.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we all know you're mentally deranged, Tiny. ;)

    Is the second comment you, Catherine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ([*26 minutes*])
    I went to the coffee shop to keep my self awake while I watched everyone else do the hard part. I felt like going again after prayer meeting...and again that afternoon (I hope Katie doesn't read this).

    ReplyDelete
  5. COURTNEY! You DIDN'T die! .....Told ya ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just do it. It will make my day.