3.06.2013

Today I realized . . .

. . . How much I really believe I will miss my job at the old hearing center, especially the sweet people I meet and grow to know and love.

. . . How happy little things like new knobs for my drawer can make me.

. . . And how much one new lamp can brighten up my bedside -- and in turn, my entire bedroom. I picked up this new lamp when I went to Hobby Lobby intending to come home with only lace. But when I saw this lonely little blue lamp with a shade covered in French poetry, it called my name and I simply couldn't resist.


And on another note: I was flipping through an old journal tonight (and yes, it was embarrassing) and found this entry from June of 2009:

O God, how many times have I said unto Thee, 'Take my life and let it be, consecrated, Lord, to Thee!' and not meant it? How many times have I sung it or said it unto You to take my life and let it be for Thee, but said in my own heart, 'Don't take my life, for I want to live it for myself'? Have I ever said this and truly meant it?
"Having already said,'Take my life, for I cannot give it to Thee,' let us now say, with deepened conviction, that without Christ we really can do nothing -- 'Keep my life, for I cannot keep it for Thee." (Frances Havergal, Kept For the Master's Use)
 What a freeing thing it is to learn that it does not depend on me! It is Christ, Christ -- all of Him! 

2 comments:

  1. That's an important lesson to learn for sure. I struggle sometimes when I catch myself being "religious" and operating on a faith based on liturgy instead of a faith based on the love I have in my heart for Christ.

    Have you heard this limerick?

    There once was a preacher named Spurgy,
    Who frowned on our liturgy.
    But his sermons were fine,
    So I preached them as mine,
    And so did the rest of the clergy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Just do it. It will make my day.