10.02.2009

Just a few random thoughts:


1. Singing in the Rain never gets old; Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor, Debbie Reynolds - pretty great stuff right there. We watched it tonight and afterwords Kelley, Catherine, and Jonathan were putting on hats, creating their own tap shoes, and inventing choreography.

2. My parents left for Sante Fe, New Mexico Thursday morning, so it's been an interesting couple of days. We've managed fine so far. Jamie, Katie, and I have taken turns at being mom/dad. We turned it into a fun weekend with snacks, movies, and a trip to Smoothie King. None of which are regular occurrences at the Crampton household. This has been a treat. The kids have really enjoyed it...mainly because of the junk food, though. You can tell they don't get much of that around here. I'm still definitely ready for my parents to get home. We all are. But everyone needs some time away...even parents. Especially parents. So we'll just have to put up with it for the time being, at least.

3. I'm loving this weather. Fall is incredible. This is the beginning of my favorite month of my favorite season. Everything about Fall makes me happy; the colors on the leaves changing, the smells, the air, the temperature, the cool nights, hats, scarves, coats, hot cocoa, reading by the fire, hot cider. Ah. :)

4. AND, we're not allowed to run in the Myrtle cross country meet tomorrow. I know I should be sad, but I'm not gonna lie - I'm not. Jamie told me this this afternoon and I was literally jumping up and down when I heard the news. Yes, for the first Saturday in FOREVER I can sleep in, no pressure about chugging water, going to the bathroom a ridiculous amount of times, or pushing myself to my death in the morning!! I can stay up as long as I want (but I should be getting to bed now) and sleep in!! You have no idea how happy this makes me! (Sorry Mrs. Heather - I hope you're not reading this.)

Like I said, random. No, I'm not going to attempt to tie these thoughts together. I leave that skill to Dr. Grant. Goodbye and goodnight.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Yeah... You are so busted! :) Everyone needs a day off now and then! Just make sure you got it out of your system... only 3 races left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me weird, but I don't like Singing in the Rain. I think it had something to do with the amount of times it was watched at the Chunn's house - I got really tired of it.

    And Gene Kelly has never been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You weren't supposed to read this, Mrs. Heather! Sorry, it is the truth. ;)

    Katie, you said they were the reason for you not liking Chitty Chitty Bang Bang too! You can't blame the Chunn's for everything.

    You don't like Gene Kelly?! Shame on you. He's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This...is...awesome! ;)
    You should do more like this.

    Plus, Katie S., do you not realize Gene Kelly has such an amazing talking voice? I mean, aside from his looks and personality, how can you not at least love his voice?! He reminds me of Tramp from "Lady and the Tramp." This is the highest of voice-compliments.

    ReplyDelete

Just do it. It will make my day.