2.08.2010


Well, no snow for us here, unlike some lucky people I know. Just cold, wet, gloomy rain. But we decided to make the best of it anyhow. Kelley and I had a delightful afternoon while she read A Room With a View (which is strangely ironic; it's about two girls temporarily living in Florence, Italy - sound familiar?) out loud and I did some knitting by the fireplace. Oh, and at this rate, I think I might be able to finish my scarf by my 80th birthday.

P.S. I think I have a new favorite (okay, one of my new favorites) hymn, it's number 473, in our hymnal.

Have you heard the voice of Jesus
Softly pleading with your heart?
Have you felt His presence glorious,
As He calls your soul apart,
With a love so true and loyal,
Love divine that ever flows
From a Saviour, righteous, royal, 
And a cross that mercy shows?

Have you heard the voice of mercy
Granting peace and pardon pure?
Have you felt the balm of Calvary
Binding all your wounds secure?
Was there ever such salvation?
Was there ever care like this?
See the Saviour’s grief and passion, 
Grace and mercy’s gentle kiss.

Have you heard the Saviour calling
All to leave and follow Him?
Have you felt His Person drawing
With compulsion lives to win?
Hearken to His invitation,
To the music of God’s grace;
Let the peace of God’s salvation 
Fill your soul, and love embrace.

7 comments:

  1. I am a slow knitter too. Keep on knitting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knit slow, too. I am slowly (lol) getting faster. It just takes knitting all the time until you get it down pat. We got seven inches it melted, four inches it melted, three inches it melted, and then another four!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE that book. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ellie, for reminding me of its goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I cant knit at all!!! We got some snow at our house!... But I don`t like snow. . . Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I'm surprised Fiction Family didn't get more attention. I think it would've been better to have Chris Thile instead of Sean Watkins.

    Good luck knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jordan, I've always thought that! Chris Thile PLUS Jon Foreman! Could it get any better than that?!

    ReplyDelete

Just do it. It will make my day.