12.14.2010

And life goes by.

Hi, I'm Courtney. Remember the days when I actually wrote decent posts? Or maybe I'm just imagining this?

Life has been a little crazy over here. Tests, papers, midterms, babysitting jobs, applications, TeenPact staff prep, Bible study, etc.

But right now, I'm putting all that aside and writing. This time with thought.

I've just noticed that this blogging thing has all of the sudden become a trend with Tupelo girls. I'm not saying that like it's a bad thing, I think it's great. I just wonder what started it all? I don't know. There's something for you to ponder.

Here's another. Jamie's back home and Joseph will be here Thursday. It's been too long since we've all been together at home. This is yet another reason why I love Christmastime.

Tonight's sunset was absolutely beautiful. I actually had my camera this time. But a camera can't even really capture the vividness of the colors I saw in the sky. That pinkish color was actually a burning red. (By the way, photographers anywhere near the vicinity of a  certain pick-up soccer game will be hit. Holy guacamole! It's like they were aiming for me.)


The lights on the tree and the stockings above the fireplace make studying cozy and bit more happy. (If that's even possible. Well, I guess it is. You can always get more happy - happier - when in a state of complete misery.)


On first glance: Oh, what a cute little nativity scene.


Now look again.


I just found out our Christmas break is about two weeks. I was counting on getting a lot done over this break. Why can't we have a whole month, please?

I've also been thinking about the best movie soundtracks of all time. (You know, really using my time wisely. Taking advantage of every moment.) Here's what I've got:

1. To Kill a Mockinbird Theme

2. Gone With the Wind - Tara's Theme

3. The Fellowship of the Ring - Concerning Hobbits

4. Pride and Prejudice - The Secret Life of Daydreams

5. Sense and Sensibility - Throw the Coins

6. Master and Commander - Bach's Prelude

I hate to leave it at six. What a random number. I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot. I want to hear your favorites. Name three. Or one. Or six. Whatever floats your boat, suits your fancy, creams your twinkie, toasts your bagel. . .yeah, I think you catch my drift.

Oh, that was me putting thought into a post (not only thought, but actually time, too). This is sad. Maybe I left my thoughts back with those tests. Now I'm not even making sense. Do I ever?

6 comments:

  1. Nope. Sure don't. Never.



    Sorry. I couldn't resist. Ya kinda left yerself wide open there.

    Seeing that music soundtracks compose about 51 percent of my music listening time, I would have trouble coming up with the best/my favorite.

    However.

    There are several John Williams pieces that kinda put the proverbial foot to the proverbial heiney.

    One would be Anakin's Theme from the Phantom Menace soundtrack.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_rzI7Y_NUs

    (to name just one starwars soundtrack track that is brilliant. most of them are.) If I continued on John Williams the list could get long.

    Next would be Memory of Fanelia from the Escaflowne Soundtrack

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FeLLZ7eIU

    (a piece from an anime movie which I've never seen, but want to)

    For a change of mood (emotional to epic):

    This Is Berk from How To Train Your Dragon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNPIih4X7SA

    Epilogue from Dinosaur (ooooh, so good.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xDoczoEXQI&feature=related

    The Cave from the Dinosaur soundtrack (Not a thematic piece, but full of beautiful movements. Loveit.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQw7pj3h7UE


    eeehhh, now if I get on the soundtrack I'll be listing all but about three of them. So I'll stop now. That is such a good stinkin' soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Terminator 2 Theme? Honestly, that is pretty much the only one I can think of, because it's on the Double Brutal CD by ADM. :P

    What??? I don't buy movie soundtracks, okay?! SHEESH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the Nativity scene hilarious. What's up with that?

    Soundtracks? Yes, Johnny Williams tops them all.
    Also:

    "Rudy" theme.
    "Spiderman" opening song.
    Which also brings us to the point that Danny Elfman is a close second to J. Williams. ;)
    Oh yeah, "Elizabethtown" and the "Shrek" series always have a wide variety of great songs. :P And "Gods and Generals"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "used to write decent posts"
    Awe, well...we didn't say anything.
    Oh, and soundtracks? All the good ones are taken, but:
    "Cowboy" from Toy Story
    "Promentory" from Last of the Mohicans
    "Married Life" from Up
    And Jenny, I'm sorry, but Michael Giachino is the second to John Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad when people actually participate! These are all great!

    Glad someone brought up Up - one of the best soundtracks ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remembered another one! Requiem For a Dream...that was a good track. :)

    ReplyDelete

Just do it. It will make my day.