3.07.2011

In other news,

Jonathan had a birthday and he's now in the double digits, which is sad and amazing and exciting all at once. He had a birthday party. My house was full of ten-year-old boys. Ten-year-old boys full of sugar. Ten-year-old boys feeding off of one another's energy.
 (Oh, and that's my brother. The one with the plate in his mouth.)

We've had some warm days and I was able to grab a good book and a blanket and retreat to the woods.

I saw Tim Hawkins live in Memphis! Funniest. Man. Of the world.

(Oh, and this was the lovely view from my seat. I had fun in spite of that.)

I deleted my Facebook.
It turns out, the average person spends about an hour a day (or more). This adds up to be 7 hours a week, which in turn adds to 30 hours a month!  
30.
And in a year? That's 360 hours!
I think this is only going to be temporary for me, but you never know.
But really, can you imagine what one could do in 360 hours, instead of wasting it learning things you didn't want to/shouldn't know about a person on Facebook? Those are my thoughts. I'm not saying you all have to go out and delete your Facebook. No, I just know that it's been a distraction and a waste of time for me, so I deleted it. And that's that.
And nooo, this doesn't mean I've fallen off the face of the planet. We live in the 21st century. There are ways one can be reached outside of Facebook. Feel free to email, call, text me, or even write a good, old fashioned, real and lovely letter.

After many YouTube videos and a good push, I finally did it. I grabbed some scissors and just cut.
 Bangs!

3 comments:

  1. the bangs are a yes yes yes. love.
    and i think i shall write you a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like letters. Writing them as much as receiving them. They make me smile. And they make other people smile. And people usually smile when they are happy. And that's why I like letters. Because they make people happy.

    Bangs = WIN.

    Club Awesome = well.... WIN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. comment comment comment comment

    --kellz

    ReplyDelete

Just do it. It will make my day.