11.29.2011

Joy unspeakable

I do most of my thinking at the piano. Decisions, ideas, thoughts, and prayers are made as my fingers trace the black and white keys of my old, faded piano. Music is itself a relief, happiness, and sheer joy. I can't tell you how many times I have heard musician after musician say, "Music helps me best express my emotions." But, as cheesy as it sounds, it rings clear and true. The feeling is unspeakable, inexpressible when I make music sing from my rickety, wooden piano and the sound permeates from room to room. The notes dancing on the page come alive and fill the house with vibrant life.
I'm no piano prodigy, I'm not even particularly gifted. But I revel in the utter bliss and unsurpassable joy that always goes hand-in-hand with the God-given gift of music.
My joys in life? To put it simply: serving my Lord, loving those around me, reading good books, and music - listening, making, learning - any form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just do it. It will make my day.